Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nike Womens 1/2 Marathon

Bucket list: Run a Half Marathon… CHECK. Flew into Reno Friday night. Drinks with Clayton, Jenna, Aj, Sister, Adam, Laura, Brit and Ryan. Saturday: lazy morning, coffee breakfast and headed to the bay with Clayton. Reading outloud, singing along and silly dancing. Got to SF and went to the race Expo. Saw Sara from Bman!! Sushi, drinks, met Claytons Aunt, banana split, then cuddles and early bed time. Sunday! Race day! It was such an empowering experience. It took so much physical and mental determination and I completed my first half marathon with out walking. I had flash backs from highschool cross country of my dad meeting me at every hill on the course reminding me to power up the hills, cuz that were you pass everyone who is weak and slows down. I received my Tiffanys necklace (that I LOVE) and Clayton met me at the finish with a big sweaty hug and kiss on the head. He is the best support ever. He always pushes me to excel in my passions and motivates me to not give up. I think he told me 10 times how proud of me he was :) We had a sunny drive home and finished the day off with claypot margaritas to celebrate my accomplishment. This weekend made me a stronger person. And I think I fell more in love with Clayton, if that’s even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment