Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fear & Happiness

My sweet friend Stefanie sent me the article below after I told her that I woke up crying because I had to get out of bed and go to my job. The only way I could bring myself to "just get up and go" was to wear my boyfriends shirt, (he is a constant positive figure in my life) and a good cup of coffee...or three (I needed a serious upper).

From this article, this is the passage that I could not relate to more:

" of course I like to buy things, too. What I’m arguing is there’s a raging imbalance in our country that’s making me miserable, and I don’t even know it because I believe the lie. I believe one day I’ll have worked enough hours and bought enough things to be happy. And I’m afraid not to be because I don’t know what else to be. I don’t know how to be myself. "


I'm going to try to figure out how to be myself and not base my happiness on what I do for a living. I also want to re-balance my life so that what I do for a living reflects me, and all I know for now is that I want to create beauty. In what way? I'm not quite sure just yet. I will let you know when I have figured it out.

Thank you Stefanie, and to ALL of my friends who make me feel so incredibly loved and special.


Love & Sunshine,

Sierra


A self-involved essay on money, fear, and happiness in America:

http://matadornetwork.com/bnt/a-self-involved-essay-on-money-fear-and-happiness-in-america/

No comments:

Post a Comment